When travelling to Naxos, we wanted to have a completely relaxing experience. Out of 4 nights there, we have decided to split our time to 2 nights on the empty beaches of the West and North Coast in our rooftop tent and 2 nights in the beautiful Ploes Seaside Houses in Plaka.
Why did we choose this accommodation?
- Out of the chaos of the main town of the island, but still very close to everything if you rent/have a car.
- Literally 3 minutes to the beach and a very good location to explore the island.
- Cycladic style of architecture and great reviews on Booking and TripAdvisor.
- All the facilities necessary for a family with children: kitchen, lots of space, terrace, free baby cots, separate bedroom and living room, spotlessly clean.
What did we like when we arrived?
- Christos, the owner, is a great, friendly guy, who showed us everything, gave us all the necessary advice about the island.
- We got also complimentary coffee and local sweets on the first day.
- In reality, the houses were even better than in the photos and much more spacious than we could imagine. Depending on the house, there could easily stay much bigger families than our – with 2-3 kids or even up to 6 adults+2 children.
- Staying there we could feel Greek spirit, while having full comfort and great facilities. While being in big hotels means usually that it is not possible to enjoy authenticity of the place.
Some more tips
- The roads in all the area of Plaka and generally in many places in Naxos are dirt road, not of very good quality. Personally, we liked it, because it made our vacation a little bit more adventurous, but you need count more time for driving than you think checking the distances.
- For us, the best beaches of the island are those in Aliko area and between Aliko and Mikri Vigla, but in the same time, we would not like to stay there, because it is pretty far from the “civilization”. From Ploes Seaside Houses, however, it is easy to drive there even every day, because it is only 20-25 minutes drive.
- Dimitra’s temple is a “must”, small but really beautiful and nice experience, that we definitely would have missed, if we hadn’t asked for Christos advice.
- Plaka beach is very long and some parts are better than others, so don’t stay just in front of your accommodation every time. Try walking 5-10 minutes left or right, the coast changes nicely.
Initially, I wanted also to write what we did not like in this accommodation, but after staying there, I can not find anything to mention. I perfectly understand, why they have 9,7 rating on Booking.com. Definitely, because they are doing a great job!
Say “Hi” to Christos from us, if you ever stay there or pass by 😉