Glyfa Village Apartments
During our visit to Paros island, we decided to stay 2 nights in beautiful Glyfa Village apartments. Usually we prefer low-budget accomodation and even during that visit to Cyclades islands we stayed several nights in our roof-top tent. But sometimes we like just to relax with all the comfort available.
This is how we found Glyfa Village, one of the best family-friendly hotels we have ever visited. Just 2 minutes walk from the beach with crystal clear waters, built in the charming Cycladic style with simple but beautiful décor, sea views and plenty of space. Rich and delicious breakfast was served in our room (if to be accurate, at our balcony with fantastic view to the sea).
Relaxing at the beach, playing with Ektor in the playground of the hotel, drinking some wine on the balcony overlooking the endless blue. No hiking, no running, just vacation.
Why we chose this accomodation?
- Lots of space for being with a young child or big famly. In the same time apartments are quite isolated one from another.
- Large balconies and great views from literally every corner of the hotel’s territory.
- Value-for money option. The price was just a little higher than what we would be ready to pay for a hotel. But what we got was a 5-star luxury hotel service.
- Nice children playground.
- Breakfast included and it appeared to be of a GREAT quality.
- Style of the buildings reminded us every minute that we are in Cyclades and made our stay very special.
Some more tips
- If you book directly through Glyfa Village website, they give you some extra’s. Like a welcome drink, a room upgrade (if available) and flexibility in check-in/check-out times.
- The beach of the hotel is great, but don’t skip visiting the Tripiti beach just nearby. We also suggest you to drive around and explore the other beaches. All of them are great, clear and not crowded.
- Visit Alyki village and Piso Livadi, which are quite close to the hotel, beautiful and have lots of option for food and coffee.
- Take with you couple of wine bottles and some snacks to enjoy twilight time with seaview.
In order to get to Paros island from continental Greece or another Greek island, use Golden Star Ferries. If you are planning to combine several Cycladic islands in one visit, check out our recommendations about Naxos, we loved it!